Digital Marketing Types and Services: A New Era in Marketing
Social media platforms and search engines are gaining more, and more popularity with the increase of smartphone users and easy accessibility to the internet. Recent records show that almost 3.5 billion people across the globe access the internet.
But, before getting more and more deeper in digital marketing tips, services, and types we have to stop first to understand the real difference between digital and traditional marketing cores.
What is digital marketing?
First of all, it is very important to know the difference between digital and marketing:
- Digital word: describes electronic technology that generates, stores, and processes data
- Marketing word: describes the promotion and advertising of a product and In simple words,Digital marketing is the marketing of goods & services, products using digital technologies through the internet, mobile phones or advertising display on websites, or any digital medium you are using to promote your products, goods, and services are known as digital marketing.
Traditional Marketing vs Digital Marketing
Traditional Marketing Main focus points:
- Traditional marketing engaged itself in the media mass market, mass promotion and impersonal communication with customers.
- Marketers’ centric focus was on the products rather than the customers.
- The strategy adopted was the push strategy, pushing the products and brands to the customers.
- The communication process under product-driven marketing is one-sided.
On the contrary,
Digital Marketing Main focus points:
- Digital marketing is more customer-centric marketing.
- Data acquired by marketers from various online websites help them know more about customers.
- Online marketing applies the pull strategy into business focusing on serving the customers to gain loyalty.
- Customer-driven marketing is a two-way communication process with the help of the internet.
So, Let’s get started
What are the main four types of digital marketing?
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Search Engine Marketing (SEM)
- Social Media Marketing (SMM)
- Content Marketing
What is Search Engine Optimization (SEO)?
Search Engine Optimization is the process and tactics of getting traffic from (free/organic/natural)
search engine results to increase the online visibility of a website, and the number of visitors.
All major search engines such as Google, Bing, and Yahoo…etc. have primary search results, where web pages and other content such as videos or local listings are shown and ranked based on what the search engine considers most relevant to users. Payment isn’t involved, as it is with paid search ads.
What is Search Engine Marketing (SEM)/ Paid Search Results?
The term “ Search Engine Marketing” used to be considered as an umbrella term for both Search Engine Optimization (SEO), and Paid Search Results (Google AdWords Campaigns)
Over time, the industry has adopted the “SEM Term” to refer solely to Paid Search Results
Here are some of the most common terms also used to refer to Search Engine Marketing (SEM) activities:
- Paid Search Ads
- Paid Search Advertising
- Pay-Per-Call (PPC)
- Cost-Per-Click (CPC)
- Cost-Per-Thousand-Impressions (CPM)
What is Social Media Marketing (SMM)?
Social Media Marketing (SMM) is an important form of Digital Marketing that involves creating, and sharing content on social media platforms/networks to achieve social marketing and branding goals.
Social Media Marketing (SMM) involves a couple of activities such as:
- Post texts, images, and video updates
- Moderate, and monitor audience transformations
- Launch social platforms campaigns.
4. What is Content Marketing?
Content marketing is a strategic marketing approach focused on creating and distributing valuable, relevant, and consistent content to attract and retain a clearly defined audience — and, ultimately, to drive profitable customer action.
Content Marketing and Creation includes a couple of activities such as:
- Maintain, and update websites’ blogging, photography, online commentary…etc.
- Maintain social media accounts’ Brand name, and copyrights
- Edit, and distribute digital media content.We are available to answer any related questions and provide advice on how to get started on digital marketing for your business. Feel free to Contact us today and see how we can help.